Friday, February 27, 2009

Vintage Silhouettes


I love collecting old pictures from antique stores. My absolute favorite are vintage silhouettes. I want to add more to my collection. Let me show you a few I have collected and just decided to hang in my bedroom.

I wanted to match the color theme to my bedding and color palette in my bedroom.


Here is a closer look at them. I will be adding more to my wall. Eventually I want to fill most of the wall with vintage picture frames. My plan is to paint my bedroom a steel grey-blue. According to designer, David Bromstad, this color is hitting it's decorating stride. Striking a balance between masculine and feminine.


"The Ever Talented" Brian Neal Sensabaugh, Display Coordinator for Anthroplogie, (click here to tour his home) designed this lovely wall of vintage silhouettes, which I ADORE!

Another wall of silhouettes I ADORE!




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baby Annie is that you cooing at your Auntie?

Are you trying to talk to me? You know how I love it when you tell me all about your day .

Are you smiling at me now? With those big blue eyes of yours! And just look at you in your pretty outfit. All that style and so young. You sweet thing you!

10 comments:

Linda Z said...

Beautiful pics, Jamie! What does the "E" stand for?

bloomers shoppe said...

Ohhh i love your collection. You have the sweetest style, I just love it. I can't wait to see your collection grow. And your sweet baby niece...there are no words.

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Jamers, what more can I say that you are incredible. What a gift you have and I will be praying that the Lord opens up opportunities for you use this gift of interior design! I just got your e-mail and when I get back home I will e-mail you back. I ABSOLUTELY love the idea. I love you dear friend!

Jamie said...

Linda- the E stands for Eternal, which is characterized by abiding fellowship with God.

I need to get some letters with my initials too! : )

The Parsons' blog said...

I was just going to ask what the E was for too, and you want to know what my guess was?? - Eternal! I just knew it! :) Jamie I loved this post!!! Everything about it, cute cute cute! I love silhouettes too and I'd love to make a wall of all vintage ones. So fun.

jorden9879 said...

Your niece is sooo sweet. She is getting so big

jorden9879 said...

I love your bedroom. We have a couple shops where I live with all sorts of those kind of pictures and silouettes. You would love it.

Jamie said...

Jordan, I want to go to those shops with you right now!! You, me, Brooklyn and Annie!

summer... said...

it looks so cute! very inspiring! it really looks beautiful. i love the bedding too!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

love it love it love it all!!! fabulous job!! :)