Thursday, February 05, 2009

WANNA GO ON A TRIP?

to my dream house out by the sea......
you can come by yourself, bring your bf, your hubby, your kids or just the girls......
all we will do is relax, eat, swim, laugh and throw our cares away......
there is plenty of room for everyone, so come on......

we will ride our bicycles down to the ocean's shore and play in the sand......

we will hurry back before the sun sets......
to relax on the porch and sip lemonade together......
we will sleep in every morning!
Won't it be fun?

A girl can dream, Right???
Maybe someday I will live in my beach house by the sea.
I would love to wake up every morning to the smell of fresh saltwater.
I wouldn't care if the beach mist made my hair frizz.
It would be worth it to watch the waves lap the shore!
To watch the sunset over the ocean's edge.
I may not live on the sea but I do live pretty close to it.
In the most amazing guesthouse built by my Dad.
The view out my bedroom window is amazing,
with sunny skies most of the year.
This life is pretty close to a dream when I think about it.
God has blessed me with shelter, food, a family most would pray to have.
The privilege of watching my nephew and niece grow up.
A good job when times our tough , a church family and friends with whom I can confide.
My friends are always welcome to come stay with me to get away and relax.
We can still go down to the seashore and eat snow cones on a hot day.
Or maybe get some gelato in Avila Beach or ice cream at the barn.
All my friends are always welcome!!
SO COME ON OVER!

12 comments:

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Girl, we are comin next week!! Can't wait to see you and your guest house is decorated as cute as those pictures. Don't sell yourself short, you are a gifted interior decorator! I know I always tell you that! Yeah, we get to see the Hill's next week! Love you Jamers and I will call you either this weekend or Monday and let you know what time we will be leaving on Wednesday!

The Parsons' blog said...

Um, sign me up!! I'm so there!! :) It's about time you're blogging again Jamie, I missed you!

bloomers shoppe said...

oh yes i would love to come to that dream house by the sea...ride bikes, sip lemonade, it sounds glorious. and i attest to the fact that your home IS like a dream home. and who doesn't love beautiful arroyo grande? it's so quaint. when our life slows down we would love to come visit again. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a perfect dream house but your home and life sounds pretty amazing too! I would love to live near the beach. I took it for granted when growing up in Sydney. Now that I live in Houston I miss it all of the time.

Kylie

Cherie Baker Vann said...

Dang!! I am packing my bags as we speak!! :)

Cherie Baker Vann said...

PS - when I dream about living by the sea, I think of the same things. I could just smell the salty air with how you wrote it!! You made my day :)

J.M.Paine said...

when can we move in? Love you, lets get together this week:)

Jamie said...

Kim- You're so encouraging and I love how much you love my decorating! We get to have a friendship party in a few days and I can't wait to hug and snuggle the kids!

Sara- Really, your room is already booked and guess what, it's free. Please come over!!! Why do we live states apart??!!?!

Rachey- We would love to have you and James come back over! I would love to go to the Avila Valley barn with you and the beach and....
I miss you!

Kylie- I LOVE you blog!! Your talented! I would aspire to be like you in design!

Cherie- I laughed when you said I am packing my bags! Come over for a getaway, you would love it here!

Jen- Did you and Mike pack up your house yet cause the Hills would love to have you here! Although you guys live in the cutest beach house ever! And newlyweds need their alone time!! Smoochey smoochey!

jorden9879 said...

Jamie that is amazing. that bike you put in that picture, YEP, someday I am going to have one just like it color and all!!! I seriosly can't tell you how cool that was to read and look at. By the way the party hats Martha Stewart shows how to make them on her website so I just picked out paper I liked and did them up. I love your blog, seriously!!!!!!!!!

Jamie said...

Thanks so much Jordan, I can't wait to be able to make those party hats! I love that bike too, how cute you and Brooklyn can have matching bicycles!!! I love your blog too!!! I wish all us Master's girls could all hangout together and laugh together and have parties anytime we wanted to. I am so thankful for blogs.

jorden9879 said...

One of these days I will learn how to comment back on my blog to others. I wish we all could get together all the time too. You need to post pictures of our place your dad built. I can't wait to see it. I am not just saying this but I LOVE looking at your blog. You are like my long lost twin sister, I love all the things that you do!!! The My favorite things blog that has a link of your blog to is sooo cool. Anyhow I was not really into the blog things at first but it really is a great way to keep in touch and see friends lives. Keep it up!

Karen G. said...

Jamie!!! Happy birthday almost! It's so fun that we share the same day. You are just so beautiful in all your pics Jamie. Your hair is so long, gorgeous:) I told Kim the same thing looking at the pics that you guys took a month ago. How fun! I love this post of the beach, and vintage beach stuff, old bikes. Oh man, I wish I could do exactly what you said, relax sit by the beach and throw the cares away. Hope you are well...have a super birthday! Karen