Sunday, May 09, 2010

DIY ICE CREAM PARLOUR PARTY



i've been without internet for a long time but finally have it back. i am so behind in blogging that i don't know how to catch up. but my goal is to do it. i have to blog my birthday, easter, disneyland with the family, etc. i thought instead of trying to catch up tonight i will just go backwards and share a recent 5th birthday party that i helped plan with a friend. she really did most of it but it was so fun to contribute.

one day awhile back i happened upon the cutest ice cream parlour party (from eat drink chic) and i fell in love with all the little pink details. so when my friend said she wanted an ice cream bar at her daughters party i couldn't wait to share this one with her.  



my photo won't enlarge if you click it but if you go to eat drink chic's site here it will
above photos via eat drink chic
every detail is so cute and pink and perfect for a little girl's party! her site has all the label downloads for free here.

ella's birthday turned out so cute and it was so fun to be apart of!
stripey straws here and here. i'm pretty sure the silver trays are from the dollar store and the cotton candy bags are from wal-mart.
my friend julie (birthday girls mom) homemade the pink cookie flowers
i cannot tell you how good the mini cupcakes tasted. chocolate cake filled with chocolate chips and cream cheese frosting. uuuummmmm yummm!
glass candy dishes at michaels
i really liked julie's scalloped spoon holders
party compete with face painting by the talented hannah
all the kids painted their own bird house
fruit cabobs with sugared ends made by julie's sister
ella the birthday girl. she is so cute. i used to watch her when she was just 2 and i've always loved her. she's like so cute with a squeeky little voice and girly but can sure hold her own because she has 2 older brothers.

now i wanna have a ice cream parlour party, wanna come????

7 comments:

Jenn Avila said...

Yes. I want to come. Especially if you promise not to throw up!!

jorden9879 said...

That was one of the coolest parties I have ever seen. I am going to have to remember that one as Brooklyn gets older!!!

Phil and Bri said...

That is AWESOME!!! I liked your rendition of it even better than the inspiration!!! Very cool!

Sandhya said...

Adorable party with fantastic ideas! Looks like such a fun party...and yes, I'll come to your parlour party!

Julie higgins said...

I'm in for sure!!! Thanks for posting those CUTE pics Jamie...yours turned out better than mine! Love you & thanks for your help! :)
Oh, and the striped bags were from Etsy...

Jamie said...

hey girls, i want you all to come over for a ice cream, pour on the sugar & pounds parlour party!!!!

julie- etsy makes more sense. they have the coolest stuff on there. thank you for telling me! i forgot you told me that :)

The Parsons' blog said...

I can't believe I am just now seeing this cuteness! Adorable. All of it. xoxo