Wednesday, December 10, 2008

the reason i celebrate











With Christmas on it's way, I wanted to decorate the house for the Season. It's been good to reflect on the meaning of this season- the birth of Jesus, his coming here to die for us, so that we may live!!!


I have been reminded of the reason for which He came- to set us free through His blood. It is because He gave the ultimate Sacrifice, His life, that we too can give. Ultimately our lives away to others. I have been encouraged through my church, Christan radio stations and the stories of others to give this year.

I pray that each of my family members, my friends and others whom I love and even those I do not know to be reminded of the true reason we celebrate this time of year. May it be celebrated all throughout the rest of our lives.








6 comments:

Linda Z said...

Beautiful decorations and beautiful thoughts about our Saviour. Thanks, Jamie. I hope you have a new little neice very soon! :)

The Parsons' blog said...

Love the decorations Jamie! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. I always want the Christmas season to go by slow because I love every thing about it - from the smells of the house, to giving gifts, to having family around and of course the most important reason of all, the birth of Jesus Christ. What an awesome gift He gave. Have a very Merry Christmas Jamie! Love ya!

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Jamie.. of course your decorations are adorable, because you are the queen on decorating. Girl, I know I have told you this for years, but I think you are missing a calling going into interior design. Anyways, I loved talking to you today. you always bring a smile to my face. And we are going to come see you either in January or Feb. By the way where did you get the "Tidings of Joy" sign. Love it and I love you!

jorden9879 said...

Jamie I loved reading what you said about the reason for celebrating Christmas. What a wonderful gift we have been given! I love the Christmas decoration!!!

Jamie said...

kim- my mom bought it for me at Anthrolpologie. She got a really sweet deal on it. Of course it's from anthro huh? All of their product is so great!!

Girls I love what all of you said. I am so glad we can rejoice in this season together. : )

James, Reese, Lauren, Maddie said...

The decorations are super cute!!! Love the tree... Have a great Christmas!!!