Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's craft time

I made this candle holder for my mom for Christmas, inspired by kirra who shows you how to make one on her blog which you can find here-http://kirrasue.blogspot.com/2008/11/presents-on-budget.html
I bought the plate at an antique store (great price)

I bought the glass candlestick at the goodwill (2 for 99 cents). You can also find the plates their for super cheap but you may have to search. You can pick out a less vintage style plate and make it match your decor of even use a colered candlestick.

These started out as wooden letters (from Micheal's, also affordable) and I mod podged them first with paper (you can pick out any pattern you want) then I sanded them on the sides to get the paper off. My wooden letters came already white so I didn't have to paint the sides at all. These are great you can make them with the first letter of your children's name and hang them in their room or display them on a shelf.

This one is so my favorite!!! I made this frame too with my friend Erin. It has a few steps to it but it's so easy. It's the same process as the wooden letters (all wood from Michael's, ribbon and embellishments from wal-mart, that's right folks, they have some sweet stuff for suuuuper cheap!)

it's fun to hang it from a cool hook or doorknob or your Grandmas vintage knobs, (you can be creative) got this idea from Erin!

This is a project on my "to do list". I am going to paint the wooden wall plaque (wal-mart) brown and glue the small 'H' to it. You can also mod podge paper to the plaque. I bought the small 'H' at Michael's and just mod podged it with paper. You could also paint it.


More from my "to do list". I bought these frames for a great price at a vintage boutique and I am probably going to mat and frame the big one and the teal blue one I am wanting to turn into a chalkboard for my kitchen.

I am going to invite my friends over on Thursday to make crafts together. It's so much fun to make things with your girlfriends. I certainly make many mistakes so it's nice to be able to help each other. I would encourage you to do something creative with your friends, you will feel better after.
Are you ready to CRAFT now!!! Let me know if you make anything, I would love some ideas.

8 comments:

Linda Z said...

These are all so beautiful, Jamie!! :) You are so creative and resourceful!

I would like to make a wreath for my door which incorporates lots of seashells. Something to use for spring and summer. :)

Jamie said...

Thanks for the idaa!!I love that for spring....michaels has really great wreaths...maybe that will be another "to do" project for the spring!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

love them!! what great ideas!

Unknown said...

I looove all your projects jam. They are amazing. I love the frames you found. I never thought of looking at vintage places...maybe a thrift store? Great ideas. I too love crafting. Thanks for the inspiration! I will be making a few Christmas gifts this year as well but will not be posting pictures until after (I don't want people seeing what they are getting!) But I will let you know as soon as I have some pics up. :) Happy Christmas. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I just realized that I am signed in under James' account. That is so silly. Really this is Rachel, not James. :)

The Parsons' blog said...

Jamie they are all so cute and great. I can't wait to make mine. I bought the letters from Michaels too!! I'm going to mod-podge paper to them, and paint the back brown. Ho ho ho Merry Christmas from me ;) Then it'll be time to make the necklaces. So fun.

OH, and I'm so glad your niece is doing good!

Jamie said...

oh I can't wait to see what you girls are making!! Have fun Crafting!

James, Reese, Lauren, Maddie said...

WOW!!! Jamie I am super impressed... everything is so cute... I can't believe you do all that yourself... good for you miss creative!!!