Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Girls Night



What girls night would be complete without Baja Fresh, nail polish and lots of laughing?! A few a my close girlfriends came over this weekend to hang out and it was just what I needed! For all of my close girlfriends who are reading this but live far away, I wish I could have girls night with you too, whenever we wanted!
On a different note: I have no idea why....BUT I have been feeling kinda lonely lately. I have no idea why I am writing this for everyone to see but if it means you will pray for me then I would love it and this is probably going to be worth it. It's not the kind of loneliness I have felt before like the kind you have after you break up with your first love and you just wish or hope you could be married and fall in love with the person of your dreams. I have been through that and it helped me to be able to face those feelings of loneliness and it even helps me in times like now because I know that this will pass and it's really not that bad. BUT it still doesn't take away completely what I am feeling lately. I have so many (amazing) close girlfriends and my family (also amazing) is close to me and I have a million other things I am thankful for and yet I still have been battling these feelings of loneliness. It's the kind where you know you have lots of good relationships but yet somehow I still have been wondering where do I fit into life right now and what is my purpose and where is my place? I will stop rambling now and just ask you to pray for me if you think about it and if you have any advice or thoughts I would love your input.

12 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

praying for you friend. Love you.

Wendy Penberthy said...

Jamie... you are so sweet and I love your honesty. I will be praying for you!

Soderin Family said...

jamie...so glad you got some sweet time with the girls. you are an amazing woman of God, and if I could offer you any advice I would, but you already seem to know where to turn and who to turn to. our God is faithful to answer the prayers of His people and He loves you so much jamie. i will be praying for you and i look forward to seeing your beautiful smile at church on sunday!

Nae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nae said...

Jamie,

Janae here (Trav's sis)...I was stalking your blog and couldn't help but comment on this. I have to say that although God is amazing and will come through for you, sometimes even that doesn't combat the immediate feelings of loneliness we may face. That feeling of being surrounded by a million people, yet somehow feeling so alone in this world, yeah I know it well! I know He has a plan and that we have to trust, but sometimes I struggle with the patience in waiting for Him to reveal it all piece by piece. I wish I had something brilliant to say, but all I can offer is the encouragement that your honesty has given me much peace about my own struggle with loneliness! So, it may not help much, but thank you...

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Jamie.. you fit perfectly in the Kollmann household as Kinsley and Cooper's auntie. And as one of my closest, dearest and best friends. You have purpose my friend and those closest to you know that, we'll pray the Lord makes that clear to you as well! We all love you!

Tori said...

Jamie!
You commented on my blog a few weeks ago! THanks for sharing about being lonely. I don't have any great words of wisdom...but I prayed for you! And I always loved your laugh. I can still picture it when we lived in the Terrace apartment. Sometimes you thought I was funny when no one else did. I would say something and you would laugh and it would surprise me b/c I didn't even think it was funny! But I loved that!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

you know I'm praying Girl!! and what I'm praying!! :) it will ALL be worth it, trust me. And the good news is you can learn now that Jesus really is the only One who can really help. The other is just a great layer that can take a huge edge off :) I'm so glad I checked your blog, I have been thinking about you a lot!!! Cherie

Cherie Baker Vann said...

PS - I LOVE your honesty - you really do rock! :)

Linda Z said...

Once when I was going through a season of loneliness, Jenny Schlenker said it was such a good time to "press into" God even deeper. I've always remembered that. Only He can truly satisfies that longing in our hearts. I will pray for you. :)

Jamie said...

Girls, I am sooooo THANKFUL for all of your prayers. They are working because I have felt such a peace these last few days. I am so glad for all of the encouragement from such godly women.

Janae- I am so glad you commented and I am so glad my words gave you peace! ps. your nephew is so cute, I love that little guy!

Tori- It's so good to hear from you and your story made me laugh, just what I needed. Aria used to say that I made her feel like she was so funny because I always laughed at her, but she really is funny and so are you! You brought back good memories of when we all used to live together.

Joe, Erin, Drew, and Drake said...

I love you Jam, you know I do! He can fill that void...there is no doubt in my mind! I like that "press into God even deeper." He can satisfy, more then anyone or anything can on this earth. Can't wait to hug you in two days! Love you!
Erin