Thursday, December 13, 2007

HOMELESS AND HUNGRY...


Going thru the drivethru today on my lunchbreak I saw a homeless woman digging thu the trashcan. She was digging pretty vigorously. I just watched her in fascination and agony all at the same time. By the time i left the drivethru she was gone, but on my way out of the shopping center I saw her again digging thru another trashcan. She seemed to be coming up empty. I felt compelled by God to give her some money and so I did. She took it gladly and with a smile on her weatherd face. After she walked away I sat in my car and cried. I just felt so sad for her. I sat there thinking why didn't i do something else for her? It made realize that everyday I go home to a nice plush roof over my head and i sleep in a soft cozy bed. I have a family who loves me and would never let me go hungry or become homeless. I wonder where her family is? I wonder if she has any friends? So I will remember her and pray that somehow she is safe and warm tonight.

2 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Hey Jaime. Love your blog! I enjoyed this post. I always wonder how these people got where they are. I have felt compelled to pray for them numerous times. It really makes you thankful and grateful. We are blest! Coming to Southern Cal anytime soon?!?!?

Jamie said...

Hi Hollie, Thanks for your comment! I am glad it made you feel blessed. I am prob. coming sometime in jan. to see the kollmanns b4 they move. I would like to see u if i have time.?? I will keep u in the know. How r u?